Become a Mentor
Thank you for your investment in young future Rotarians.
By participating in the Rotary Mentoring Hub, you help Rotaractors
and young Rotary professionals gain invaluable professional
development and personal growth.
What is the mentoring process?
Rotarians create an online profile.
Rotaractors and young Rotarians browse through mentor profiles like yours.
After finding a potential mentor, mentees give us some basic info, and questions for their potential mentor. Once the mentee is verified as being an active member of Rotary or a Rotaract Club, we’ll email the mentor the mentee’s info.
If a mentor commits to mentoring the particular mentee, the mentor emails their mentee to instigate mentoring sessions. Mentors and mentees are asked to respond to each other within one week of being contacted.
If a mentor chooses not to mentor a particular mentee, they can contact us and we’ll ask the mentee to find another mentor.
We ask mentors to commit to up to 8 mentoring sessions (via email, phone call, or video chat), over the course of two months. Ideally, this would mean one mentoring session per week. After 2 months, we ask that mentors close mentoring sessions as to allow other mentees to participate.
What is your role as a mentor?
As a mentor, you guide your mentee to achieve personal, academic and career goals. Through this process, you also demonstrate the power and potential of being involved in Rotary.
What is the time commitment?
- We ask that you invest a minimum of 15 minutes/week to respond to a mentee (via email, phone call, or video chat) and do so for 2 months, totaling 8 potential mentor sessions. After two months, please close your mentorship sessions so you can be available to other mentees.
- Please respond to inquiries within one week of receiving them. We’ve asked mentees to so the same.
- If you’re unable to meet the time commitment or respond to your mentee or have concerns about your experience, please shoot us an email.
What to expect:
- You indicate to us how many mentees you can work with at one time (1 or 2 is great to start with!) Your profile will become unavailable to new mentees when you are working with your mentee/s. After completing the mentorship survey after working with you mentee for 2 months, we will make your profile available to new mentees. You can make your profile unavailable at any time by contacting us.
- We’ve asked mentees to prepare for their mentorship sessions by going through our mentee resources. Mentees should be prepared with some initial questions for you to respond to. We also have resources available for mentors and ask that mentors take a few minutes to learn more about how they can be a strong mentor. Click here to access mentor resources.